function causing core dump

Peter Otten __peter__ at web.de
Mon May 17 08:18:52 EDT 2004

Xaver Hinterhuber wrote:

> My problem is now, that I get unicode encoding errors.
> I am working on a german windoze machine.
> Could you plz give me a tip what encoding I should use (iso8859-1 and
> utf-8 dont't work)?

Other popular encodings are cp1252 and ISO-8859-15.

Since your new problem is totally unrelated to code objects and core dumps,
you should start a new thread. Remember to include as many hints that could
help solve your problem as possible. Providing a piece of code and a
traceback is always a good idea, since you could be misusing the api rather
than have picked the wrong encoding. Having this newsgroup suggest random
encodings is certainly not the way to go.

Good luck,
Peter