Test error with Python 2.3.4c1

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sat May 15 18:50:47 EDT 2004

In article <m2vfixfnc3.fsf at pchoel.psh>, Berthold Höllmann <bhoel at web.de> wrote:
>aahz at pythoncraft.com (Aahz) writes:
>>
>> In that case, you should check against the CVS version of Python; I
>> believe there've been some changes that affect this kind of thing.  If
>> that fixes your problem, please close the bug report.
>
>OK, I just checked the latest CVS and test_re succeeds. But should't
>this fixed for 2.3.4 as well?

Nope.  Bugfix releases (see PEP 6) are required to have essentially zero
behavioral changes, and IIRC the series of fixes that fixed your bug
caused some changes to the way sre operates, so it was a non-starter for
the 2.3.x series.

Anyway, please close your bug with a note about it being fixed in 2.4
CVS.  As for the other issue, I don't have enough time/energy to even
understand what the issue is.  Given that it's about SAX, I suggest you
start a new thread and hopefully someone else will pick it up.

Adopt A Process -- stop killing all your children!