Python 2.3 on RedHat 9

Laughlin, Joseph V Joseph.V.Laughlin at boeing.com
Thu May 6 13:30:09 EDT 2004

Here's what I did:

1)  Get the src.rpm for python 2.3.

2)  Rebuild the rpm with 'rpmbuild --rebuild python-2.3.src.rpm'

3)  Install the resulting binary rpm.

4)  Remove /usr/bin/python (was a link to /usr/bin/python2.2) and create
a new link /usr/bin/python to /usr/bin/python2.3

This has worked fine for me.