PyOpenGL demo in wxPython demo crashes

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Mon May 3 11:25:44 EDT 2004

Peter Hansen wrote:
> rzed wrote:
>
>> I have a similar configuration on my system, except that I have a
>> glut32.dll, and I have no problems running the demo. There are
>> evidently several glut32.dll versions around.
>

> That is evidently my problem as well, since after following Mike's
> advice about numarray, the error changed to telling me that I
> don't have OpenGL installed... which is at least true as far as
> glut32.dll missing...

Okay, in spite of installing everything that I should have,
I didn't have a glut32.dll on my machine.  Google led me
to http://www.xmission.com/~nate/glut.html from where I
downloaded a copy, manually stuck it in c:\windows\system32,
and PyOpenGL works now.

Now I see that this is on the pyopengl.sourceforge.net
installation notes page...  I don't recall installing this
the same way last time, but there you go.  Not only RTFM,
but go back and read it again another time if things still
don't work.

-Peter