Python scripting for GNumeric

Robert M. Emmons RobMEmmons at cs.com
Wed Mar 10 22:03:23 EST 2004

> I recommended two of my friends currently using Excel and VBA Gnumeric
> as a replacement. It seems they are using a lot of VBA in conjunction
> with Excel.
You may be better of using Open Office.  It has a spreadsheet call Calc.
  The spreadsheet can be programed in JavaScript, Basic, and Python
among other's I believe.  I have not done this, but it should be
equivalent to MS Office generally.

Only concern I have is that all of this is "developmental" meaning
recent... which means programs can get the job done, but other's may
find the documentation is a little thin.

OO runs on linux and Windows, and maybe mac.

Rob