python+py2exe+pygame licensing ?

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Mon Jun 14 09:15:14 EDT 2004

Andrea Griffini wrote:

> Just a quick shoot... can I produce a "closed source"
> program using "core" python, pygame (and eventually psyco),
> packaging it by using py2exe and a custom installer ?
>
> A clear yes/no answer is something I'll be asked about
> when proposing python as an interesting alternative.

You'll get safe answers about this only if you hire a
lawyer.  And clear ones only if you hire a bad lawyer. <wink>

On the other hand, you might improve the quality of the
to the relevant licenses for each of the components that
interest you.  At least that way you aren't expecting
those people who might respond to duplicate all the legwork
that you should already have done...

-Peter