Non GPL Python MySQL Client Library.

Paul Rubin http
Tue Jun 29 13:14:44 EDT 2004

Lothar Scholz <dummy at scriptolutions.com> writes:
> This is not a possible option. I must use MySQL. 95% (??) of the
> databases in the small company world are MySQL based.
>
> Now this world becomes to look more and more like Micrsosoft,
> especially if you keep in mind that MySQL AB is now owned by the
> worlds 3rd largest Software Company SAP.

I don't understand what your issue is.  You want to use a MySQL client
library in your application, you don't want to pay a license fee to
use the library, but on the other hand you don't want use the GPL'd
client because you want to charge a license fee your own users.  If
the license fee system works so well for you, why don't you want to
participate in it in both directions instead of just one?  You're
asking for an environment where you get to charge license fees but
nobody else does.  That just seems like asking a bit much.