[newbie] Writing to file : "name 'concat' is not defined"?

Nigel Rowe rho at see.signature.invalid
Wed Jul 21 11:26:02 EDT 2004

Brian Quinlan wrote:

> Fred wrote:
>> On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:01:04 +0200, Brian Quinlan <brian at sweetapp.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>I don't see any reference to a "concat" function in either of those
>>>resources.
>>

>> Er...
>>
>> Dive into Python : "Example 6.3. Opening a File" at the very
>> beginning. No mention of an "open" statement, just concat. Same lower
>> in "Example 6.7. Writing to Files".

<snip>
>> And in the Python Tutorial, jump to "7.2 Reading and Writing Files"
>> The text mentions open(), but the samples don't show it, and use
>> concat() instead.
>
> Where is the usage of concat?
>
> Cheers,
> Brian

Ahhh, I've seen this before.  I think the OP is browsing "Dive into Python",
by way of an old version of privoxy.  By default its popup blocking
functions used to rewrite "window.open(..." as something like (from memory)
"concat(window, ....".

The newer verions rewrite it as "PrivoxyWindowOpen(..." which is at least a
bit more recognisable.

--
        Nigel Rowe
        A pox upon the spammers that make me write my address like..