Cheetah best for templating?

Pieter Claerhout Pieter.Claerhout at Creo.com
Sun Jan 4 13:00:21 EST 2004

I personally prefer Preppy from the guys at ReportLab.

I find the syntax a little more pythonic and the module is just a single .py
file. I'm using Preppy as the template engine in my Jython servlets and
found that it performed a lot better than Cheetah under those conditions.

Cheers,

pieter

Creo
pieter claerhout | product support prinergy | tel: +32 2 352 2511 |
pieter.claerhout at creo.com | www.creo.com

IMAGINE CREATE BELIEVE(tm)

-----Original Message-----
From: Wilk [mailto:wilkSPAM at OUTflibuste.net]
Sent: 04 January 2004 13:38
To: python-list at python.org
Subject: Re: Cheetah best for templating?

"Roger Jack" <rjack at elegancetech.com> writes:

> I have just finished reading Code Generation In Action which uses Ruby for
> code generation. I would like to use Python instead. Is Cheetah the best
> tool to use for templating source code files and then generating code? Is
> there something more mature or better?

My graphist and me found it excellent, fast, clear, simple, stable :
Pythonic !

We found the others engines too verbose, more perlish ;-)

Like python, the best is to try somes engines, you will see quickly wich
one you need. First, like everybody, i did my own engine, but Cheetah
was finaly a better wheel !

I use it to generate html, latex and xml

--
Wilk - http://flibuste.net