utf8 encoding problem

Andrew Clover and-google at doxdesk.com
Sat Jan 24 18:01:03 EST 2004

Indeed. [Skip: http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/interact/forms.html#h-17.13.4 ]

> To have non-ASCII input, use multipart/form-data:

Quite so, in theory. Of course in reality, no browser today includes a
Content-Type header in the subparts of a multipart/form-data submission,
so there's nowhere to specify an charset here either! argh.

multipart/form-data as implemented in current UAs is just as encoding-unaware
as application/x-www-form-urlencoded, sadly. In practical terms it does not
really matter much which is used.

[...waiting for the glorious day when UTF-8 and UCS-4 are the only acceptable
encodings; and on that day, Shift-JIS will be the first against the wall oh
let me blummin' well tell you my brother...]

--
Andrew Clover
mailro:and at doxdesk.com
http://www.doxdesk.com/