winapi: mouseclick

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Tue Jan 27 03:53:17 EST 2004

<sigh>
Your question is not the most precise one I've ever seen. If
you have written a Windows app then you presumably understand
how the Windows messaging setup works. In which case, what
you need to do is to handle WM_LBUTTONDOWN and related messages.

If you're not sure which messages to go for, look at this:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/winui/winui/windowsuserinterface/use
rinput.asp

which gives an overview.

There's an example of doing this kind of thing in Python
using the ctypes modules:

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/208699

You can also do it with the win32all extensions from Mark
Hammonds pages:

http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/win32/Downloads.html

If this isn't really what you were asking, could you post a
segment of code showing what you're about and where you're
stuck?

TJG

http://www.star.net.uk