Chart drawing library for Python

Lothar Scholz llothar at web.de
Fri Jan 30 21:58:46 EST 2004

"Erwin S. Andreasen" <erwin+usenet at andreasen.org> wrote in message news:<87k739xcaq.fsf at andreasen.org>...
> llothar at web.de (Lothar Scholz) writes:
>
> > is there something like "JpGraph" for python ?
> > For those who don't know this PHP library: It is a high level
> > drawing library that generates gif files with all kind of charts.
>
> I've used gdchart previously but these days I use ChartDirector which,
> although being a commercial program ($99), was well-worth the money
> for me.
>
> It produces high-quality charts, is very flexible (e.g. you can
> overlay different chart types, add custom symbols, produce HTML image
> maps) and has excellent bindings for Python and many languages.
>
> Also, I've found the support to be unusually friendly, accurate and
> fast. The documentation is good enough so you won't need it much (and
> customised to each language too, with something like 100 examples).
>
> Some samples:
>  http://www.advsofteng.com/gallery.html

Thanks. I would buy it but there are two problems: First it is  US$
499 when i use it in a program and then there is only a precompiled
library for LINUX. It's okay to get a precompiled library for windows.
But my experiences with binary Linux API changes are really bad, on
for this i can only accept source code, at least when i pay US$ 499.
And the footprint of the library seems also to be a little bit high
with 3 MB.