Boo who? (was Re: newbie question)

Brian van den Broek bvande at po-box.mcgill.ca
Mon Dec 20 20:57:01 EST 2004

Doug Holton said unto the world upon 2004-12-20 18:45:
> Peter Hansen wrote:
>
>> Doug Holton wrote:

<SNIP>

> I gave such a short answer because the way you framed your "questions"
> and the context of your post made it clear you are a troll.  Your reply
> here was yet another troll.  You are one of the reasons why so-called
> "newbies" and others are being intimidated away from this list.
> -Doug

Fearing I might be spraying gasoline about:

I'm not really a member of the Python community, and haven't posted too
much to the list, but I read it regularly and find it quite valuable.
I'm a noob and once or twice in posts here have managed to manifest
that. Despite that, I've never felt unwelcome.

Some context given, let's, for the sake of argument, grant the claim
that Peter was trolling. (Though I do wonder if you saw the smiley he
employed above.) Then let me ask you this: does pushing that and similar
points through several iterations on multiple threads really seem a very
good method for making the list appear to be friendly welcoming place
that I presume you want it to be?

Best to all,

Brian vdB