python-dev Summary for 2004-08-01 through 2004-08-15

Robert Brewer fumanchu at amor.org
Tue Aug 24 11:26:05 EDT 2004

Anthony Baxter wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 21:50:48 -0700, Brett Cannon
> <bac at ocf.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> > At this point people should be hashing out which syntax
> alternative they
> > want to present to Guido on comp.lang.python_.  No more talking on
> > python-dev, no more syntax proposals.  The community should
> set a goal
> > date (Sept. 1 seems good) and just choose a bloody alternative.
>
> One point I mentioned to Brett, but that he forgot to update (bad
> summariser! no cookie for you!) is that Sept 1 is way, way, way too
> late. 2.4a3 is scheduled for September 2. I'd _hope_ that by the end
> of this week we can have the proposed alternative(s) presented to
> Guido - this gives him the weekend and the start of next week to make
> a decision.

Given the dearth of heated debate over the proposal, I expect to call
for signatories within the next 24 hours or so. I know Michael Sparks is
working on patching against CVS (instead of alpha 2), minor grammar
improvements, and such--not sure how far along that is or if he feels it
could wait for revisions after the decision is made...?

Robert Brewer
MIS
Amor Ministries
fumanchu at amor.org