sys.stdin.read() replacement

Karin Lagesen karin.lagesen at labmed.uio.no
Mon Aug 16 06:34:00 EDT 2004

I am writing a small write-logfile script for use on the terminal. I have here
a section where the user should be able to type in several lines. I have solved
it so far by using sys.stdin.read(), which makes it possible to type in several
lines (separated by enter) and then terminate the session by typing ^D. This is
all very good. However, with this it is only possible to edit the line you are
in. If you spot an error further up in your text, you cannot get at it. Do any
of you know of a way I can do this?

Thanks,

Karin
--