age of Python programmers

Reid Nichol rnichol_rrc at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 24 13:05:59 EDT 2004

My jaw just dropped.

School-mates not continually learning, man, have I been there.  After I
graduated, I coded C++ just for fun as a hobby thing (required by the
BeAPI).  Every once in while the class got together for a supper or
lunch and we talked (of course) about what we've been up to.  One girl
mentioned that she was coding C++.  I asked her some questions about
what she was doing and all I got was a "deer in headlights" look and a
smile.  She just looked at the others and made the "over the head"
gesture.  I fully wanted to know and learn something.  After all, she
was doing this professionally, but there was nothing there.  No wounder
most software is crap nowadays.

But installing word for data conversions, amoung those others?  All I
have is sympathy.  'Tis a sad state of affairs indeed.