Indent testers needed (Prothon)

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sat Apr 3 14:23:59 EST 2004

In article <du7wu4xlbd7.fsf at lehtori.cc.tut.fi>,
Ville Vainio  <ville at spammers.com> wrote:

>    Peter> I heard a rumour Python is heading for "no tabs", period.
>    Peter> Why not just
>
>I find this rumor hard to believe - there would have been some more
>official announcement, and the resulting code breakage would be
>major. Not all legacy code can be run through reindent.py either...

It's not precisely a rumor; Guido has stated that this is one of the
things he's thinking seriously about for Python 3.0.  There will be
enough incompatibilities that this one won't add much extra strain,
given that the official rules for Python (PEP 8) have mandated only
spaces for several years.

"usenet imitates usenet"  --Darkhawk