os.system help

Reid Nichol rnichol_rrc at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 18 14:26:18 EDT 2004

The registry contains certain data but not *exactly* the data I need.  I
could construct from that but according to the docs it's quite new so
I'd rather not use it.

I know there has to be a way to tell if I'm on a certain platorm.
Something like:
if __win32__:
	print 'on windows'

But, I can't find any docs on that.  I'm probably looking in the wrong
place, so, could someone point me in the right direction or just give me
that if statment.

Thanks