Difficulty Finding Python Developers

Paul Rubin http
Fri Apr 16 16:10:21 EDT 2004

Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> writes:
>    We've worked hard to convince our company to migrate our core
>    applications to Python, and now we're looking for a Python developer
>    in Atlanta to handle a short-term (approx. 3 month) project.
>
> That's not a good way to describe either of your scenarios,
> I believe.  I think it's more of an initial foray without the
> company's future on the line type of thing...

That sounds like a sales presentation where the 3-month project is the
demo, and normally in those situations, it's important that the demo
not hit any snags.  So all the same issues apply.

The way I had read it, though, management had already been persuaded
to commit to Python, and now they had some project that they had to
get finished.