CamelCase versus wide_names (Prothon)

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Thu Apr 15 17:32:59 EDT 2004

Jan Dries <jan.dries at dcube-resource.be> wrote:
> But when someone claims 100% of Python users
> want camelCase, I cannot but speak up.

I hope this doesn't turn into a flame war, but I agree with Jan.  One of
my pet peeves is expressing a minority opinion ("I want X") and then
hearing my opinion dismissed with a statement like "Everybody wants Y".
I'm willing to be outvoted, but I sure won't stand for being ignored.

I happen to be one of the people who expressed the majority opinion,
i.e. in favor of DromiDaryOrthoGraphy, but it's still unfair to say that
100% of Python users agree with me.