Webware and memory problem!

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Fri Sep 19 11:23:54 EDT 2003

    jz> How much memory WebKit should normally take??? As I can see, every
    jz> WebKit daemon takes over 40MB (sic!) of RAM. WebKit lauches 10
    jz> daemons during startup, so I need over 400MB for WebKit alone! Is it
    jz> normal or I have something wrong configured? (used RedHat7 and
    jz> Webware CVS 2003-09-12)

Most of that 40MB is probably shared between all processes (C libraries,
etc).  On the other hand, the Python bytecode, which should be sharable, is
almost certainly loaded into the interpreter's data space, so isn't shared.
I'd be surprised if it was very much of the total memory usage, however.

Skip