No "side effect" assignment!

Martin Maney maney at pobox.com
Thu Sep 18 01:00:10 EDT 2003

Asun Friere <afriere at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> In terms of pandering to newbies, I think the requirement that loop
> conditions be expressions is much more squarely aimed at experienced
> programmers, who would otherwise be tempted to write unintelligible
> code by placing too much of the programs logic withing the loop
> condition.

Uhm, no.  *Experienced* programmers know better than to take usch
things to excess, unless the code is being written for a obfuscated
code contest.  As is so often the case, it's those difficult
in-betweeners, no longer innocent by virtue of ignorance, not yet
grown wise enough to eschew the merely clever, who bollix it all up for
the rest of us.

--
Threaten not the comic with your lawyers' bluster,
all toothless to supress parody and satire;