IDE Python

Jussi Jumppanen jussij at zeusedit.com
Thu Oct 2 08:53:24 EDT 2003

Harri Pesonen wrote:

> > Once you create a Zeus workspace, Zeus will automatically
> > run ctags to produce a tags database, will populate a class
> > tree with this data and it also the tags information for
> > code intellisensing:
> >
> >     http://www.zeusedit.com/lookclass.html
>
> I just downloaded and installed Zeus, but it didn't have any
> intellisense. I opened a .py file but it didn't add the class
> listing.

Zeus uses ctags to automatically generate the tags for you project
files. Zeus also use these tags to do the intellisensing.

But for Zeus to know what files are in your project you need
to create a project workspace. So to do this you would do
the following:

   Workspace, New menu
   Mouse right click and add the *.py files to the
     source folder of the workspace

Now the class informat for the python files will be in the
class browser.

So for example assuming this file was added to a workspace:

  class Example:
     def a_method(self, string, variable):

now if I create a new file as start to type in this code:

    Example test
    test.

the '.' character will trigger the intellisense and a list of
all the method for Example will be displayed.

> Also it failed to compile and execute it.

To run the compiler you do need to tell Zeus where you compiler
is located and this can be done using the Options Compiler menu.

Cheers Jussi