Python versus VB

Todd Stephens huzzah at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Oct 29 22:20:30 EST 2003

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 19:17:32 -0500, Simon Foster wrote:

> Could anybody come up with a short list of the pros and cons of the two
> languages (I am not terribly familiar with the strengths/weaknesses of
> VB).  This will be a general-purpose text-processing type application
> with no GUI required.

I use VB every day at work.  It is about as suited to text-processing as
COBOL is to making the next office suite.  Sure, you could probably do it
eventually, but why do that when you have others so well suited?  If there
is no GUI required, I don't see why they would prefer VB over anything
else anyway.

--
Todd Stephens