targeting the PVM

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Mon Oct 13 12:35:09 EDT 2003

    andy> I have found that the format of the "JVM machine language"
    andy> (i.e. class files) is well documented.  However I was not able to
    andy> find some good documentation on "Python's machine language".

    andy> Can someone provide with pointers?

Nope.  The Python virtual machine is an "implementation detail" of the
CPython implementation.  As such, about the only documentation is the
code in ceval.c itself.  I started on something a long time ago:

    http://manatee.mojam.com/pyvmwiki

but never really got anywhere with it.

Skip