Leo + Python: the ultimate scripting tool: Conclusion

Neil Hodgson nhodgson at bigpond.net.au
Wed Nov 12 15:36:15 EST 2003

   I would also like to see people that use confirmation-request software
qualify their addresses in a similar way to the qualification done for
registration-required web sites:  user at python.org (confirmation required).
This allows potential respondents to make an informed decision on whether to
respond.

   Worse than using confirmation-request for individuals is using it on an
account subscribed to a mailing list such that every poster is asked to
confirm for every confirmation-request subscriber. This recently occurred on
a list I manage so I unsubscribed the confirmation-request account. The
subscriber has since promised not to use confirmation-request for that
account.

   Neil