mysqldb and py2exe distribution

Igor Prischepoff igor at tyumbit.ru
Mon Nov 10 08:59:36 EST 2003

Hi,
Sorry if it was discussed somewhere , i've checked topics on mysqldb
forum and posted my question there - no luck.
So, this list is my last hope.

Here is my problem:

I've compiled python app with py2exe and mysqldb for easy setup on
customer's computers.

'setup.py py2exe --packages encodings,MySQLdb'

Everything is fine except that my application can work with mysql db _ONLY_ if
on client computer exists catalog c:\mysql\share\charsets\(with some *.conf files inside).
If those catalogs don't exist then app crashes.

I guess it's because target mysql server is set up to use 'cp1251'
(cyrillyc) codepage.

1) And what if there is no way to copy those files to client computer?

2) What if i like to run from CD only (ideally) ?

3) Or is there a way to place c:\mysql\share\charsets\*.* to
  application install catalog c:\program files\myapp\ ?

Someone have an expierience in distributing mysql apps compiled with
py2exe ? Could you post listing of distributed files or some hints?
I don't like an idea to install mysql client on customer computer.
Anyway those charset files just plain text!

my environment:
win2k,python2.2,mysql-python-0.9.2.win32-py,

Thanks for help.
--
Igor.
                   mailto:igor at tyumbit.ru