Protecting Source Code

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Fri May 9 08:22:32 EDT 2003

Cameron Zemek wrote:

> How can I protect my python source code for a commerical application?

Define what "protection" means to you, specifically.

There are copyright laws to protect those who would steal your
code and use it as their own.

There are contract laws and licenses, to protect against
customers who will use your program in ways you don't wish
to permit.

What else do you need?  Do you really believe that your source
code is so incredibly sophisticated that nobody else could
ever come up with the same algorithms?  If so, you're wrong.

-Peter