saving / restoring the stack?

sismex01 at hebmex.com sismex01 at hebmex.com
Mon Mar 17 15:48:38 EST 2003

This sounds very much like a generator.

Do you know where and how many times you're going to have
to suspend execution?  You could program the function (which
needs to be suspended) as a generator, and simply call it's
"next()" method to resume execution.

You could also take a look at Stackless Python, which enables
the creation of "tasklets", which are functions that can be
suspended, resumed, or launched as lightweight threads.
It's a very cool piece of technology.  I don't have a link
handy, but you can very easily find it googling for
"stackless python".

HTH

-gustavo

-gustavo