Beginners help with password program!

Ben Finney bignose-hates-spam at and-benfinney-does-too.id.au
Sat Jul 26 19:00:58 EDT 2003

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 18:08:39 -0400 (EDT), tjland at iserv.net wrote:
> Their are some errors that i
> just cant find,

Please show the errors you get, so we know what you're talking about.

> and i want some advice on how to do some of these things easier.

Here's advice on finding errors:

When you encounter an error you don't understand, *don't* try to deal
with the whole program.  Take a copy, or make a new program (whichever
seems simpler at the time) and get to the smallest possible program you
can make that still exhibits the error.

This will result in several things:

    you may end up solving the error; otherwise:

    you may understand the error much better

    you will know exactly which lines of code are related to the error

    you will have something suitable to post to this newsgroup.

Please don't just post the whole program and say "find my error".
That's *your* task.

--
 \       "I watched the Indy 500, and I was thinking that if they left |
  `\      earlier they wouldn't have to go so fast."  -- Steven Wright |