Python vs PHP

Ganesan R rganesan at myrealbox.com
Thu Jul 10 06:42:04 EDT 2003

> Ganesan R wrote:
>> How about the fact if you want something simpler than Zope you
>> cannot point
>> to a single framework and say use this one?

> That's right. But without a framework, you are about on par with
> PHP. Only with a better language and better libraries.

You are probably right.  I only given a casual look at PHP, so
I can't comment on the language, but I believe you :-). However,
PHP does come with a default (and only) web framework. This
obviously makes it easy to get started than to experiment with
Spyce or CherryPy or Cheetah or WebWare or any of the twenty
different alternatives.

Looking at it from the perspective of a PHP developer who's
looking into Python as an alternative. Python doesn't provides
her an out of the box solution yet. Think about what the
bewildering list of choices mean to her. This is not only issue
for development but also for deployment.

Ganesan

--
Ganesan R (rganesan at debian dot org) | http://www.debian.org/~rganesan/
1024D/5D8C12EA, fingerprint F361 84F1 8D82 32E7 1832  6798 15E0 02BA 5D8C 12EA