Warning! Newbie issue - Impersonating a user on Win32

Doug Glenn dglenn at charter.net
Fri Jan 17 17:22:22 EST 2003

On Thursday 16 January 2003 18:40, Roger Upole wrote:
> What error do you get when you try to adjust SE_TCB_NAME ?

I have it working now. As is, it will not grant the SE_TCB_NAME, it had
to be done manually to the local policy.  I get a 1300 error attempting
to set it. Once I set the "act as operating system" to the appropriate
group it would work.  I do not know if this is set by a default
installation or not. I do know we don't have it set, and apparently our
policy does not remove it either.  I don't use Win2k at home to verify
what the default install would set it to.

If it is supposed to be able to set that, then that functionality no
longer works. At least in the version of ActivePython 2.2.2 from
ActiveState with the bundled version of the Pywin stuff. I can't
install the seperate version because it blows up Komodo unless I remove
it and reinstall the AS version :(

Obviously I would rather be able to grant the rights via the program.
Going through a policy change review at work to get it set is not a
workable solution just for this one app.

I've sent a note to the author and to ActiveState, but I am doubtful I
will hear anything back until later next week.

Regards,
Doug