Convert g3 faxes to ps/pdf

Chris Spencer clspence at one.net
Wed Jan 22 20:16:20 EST 2003

	Try tiff2ps.

Snippet of Python code for ya (THIS WILL NOT WORK BY ITSELF)...
def tiff2ps(infile):
	mylist=[]
	toolexe=os.path.normpath(g_BinDir+"/tiff2ps")
	try:
		tiffdata=infile.read()
	except:
		print "Unable to read input data. "
		sys.exit(-5)
	bt=g_Temp.mktemp()
	psfile=bt+".ps"
	tifffile=bt+".tif"
	try:
		tiffout=open(tifffile,"wb")
	except:
		print "Unable to open temporary file "+tifffile
		sys.exit(-6)
	tiffout.write(tiffdata)
	tiffout.flush()
	tiffout.close()
	command=toolexe+" -p -O "+psfile+" -a "+tifffile
	l_return=os.system(command)
	print command+" returned exit code: "+`l_return`
	if l_return!=0:
		print "Could not create PostScript file."
		sys.exit(-11)
	try:
		infile=open(psfile,"rb")
	except:
		print "Unable to open PostScript file "+psfile
		sys.exit(-5)
	psdata=infile.read()
	infile.close()
	mylist.append(psdata)