python weblog apps?

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Wed Jan 29 07:49:42 EST 2003

Klaus Alexander Seistrup <spam at magnetic-ink.dk> writes:

> Michael Hudson wrote:
>
> >> The darned thing about Bzero is that it is distributed as
> >> a bunch of compiled python script (.pyc) -- no source is
> >> available. :(
> >
> > This is a solvable problem :) google("decompyle").
>
> I thought about that, but never got around to actually trying it.
> I've never tried decompyle -- how legible is its output?

I've never tried it either, but I've heard comments along the lines of
"pretty good", "amazing!", "occasionally better than the source that
was compiled to make the .pyc" and so on.

It may be legally dubious, of course.

Cheers,
M.

--
  ... but I'd rather not reinvent the wheel if I don't have to.  On
  the other hand, if the currently instantiated version of the wheel