PEP 308: "then" "else" for deprecating "and" "or" side effects

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Sat Feb 15 08:15:22 EST 2003

Michele Simionato wrote:

> Yeah, and I think Sean was the first one who proposed it,
> whereas I was one of the first supporters.

Ah, fair enough.  I've been carefully recording the propositions, but
not who suggested them (mostly because many of the forms are suggested
independently and so proper and fair credit can be problematic).  If
Sean was indeed the one that suggested the when/else syntax alternate to
the initial if/else proposition, then all I've said is redundant and I
hereby retract it :-).

/  \ Suffering is a journey which has an end.
\__/ Matthew Fox
    Polly Wanna Cracka? / http://www.pollywannacracka.com/
 The Internet resource for interracial relationships.