PEP308: Yet another syntax proposal

Andrew Koenig ark at research.att.com
Mon Feb 10 14:37:42 EST 2003

holger> right.  in which case learning about and/or (which you have to
holger> anyway) often helps.  Because of the "y is false" problem in
holger> "x and y or z" there are some cases where it doesn't fit.  Do
holger> we have real code examples for them?

Yes -- as I've noted elsewhere in this discussion, Lib/unittest.py
actually contains a (minor) bug because it uses and/or where it
doesn't fit.  The code is on lines 618-619:

        self.stream.writeln("Ran %d test%s in %.3fs" %
                            (run, run == 1 and "" or "s", timeTaken))

--
Andrew Koenig, ark at research.att.com, http://www.research.att.com/info/ark