Creating zip-files using pythons zipfileobject

Marco Rist Marco.Rist at t-online.de
Tue Feb 4 06:54:52 EST 2003

Hi *,
I have a little problem, maybe anyone has an idea?!
I'm using pythons Zipfile to recursively walk through a directory an
creating a zip-file containing it's file and directory-structure. This
works fine, but some files to be compressed contain german 'umlauts'
(ä,ü,Ö etc), and when I try do decompress the zip-file the filenames in
it seem to be corrupted, e.g. 'Übersicht' is now called '³bersicht' ...

Is this a python-problem, encoding-trash or anything else?

Sorry for my bad english ;-)

Regards
Marco