What's better about Ruby than Python?

John J. Lee jjl at pobox.com
Thu Aug 21 18:11:35 EDT 2003

alloydflanagan at comcast.net (A. Lloyd Flanagan) writes:

[...]
> Don't get me wrong:  you can do great things with C++ if you're an
> expert.  Problem is, if you're not, you can do tremendous damage.

While I take Alex's point about the practicalities of getting people
to use a language (independent of it's actual appropriateness for the
job at hand), I just suspect there must be a better language out there
in the multiverse, which did the job of integrating nicely with C,
allowing incremental improvement of C code *without* actually trying
to *be* C (+more stuff on top).  Of course, it's far too late now.

John