Porting to Windows

Ramon Leon Fournier moncho.leon at gmx.net
Fri Aug 15 19:21:33 EDT 2003

Zora Honey <zhoney at wildmail.com> wrote:
> I've been programming Python on Linux for a while now, and I'm finally
> ready to start porting some of my stuff to Windows.

Why would you want to port your work to Windows?

As a free citizen you have chosen to develop your programs using a free
programming language on a free operating system. Thus I postulate that
you are aware of the great advantages of such a quality environment.
Why then are you planning to port the fruit of your labour to an
operating system whose developers do everything they can to undermine
your freedoms? Do you not care about it?

Porting software to Windows won't help anyone except Microsoft, not
even the Windows users themselves. Why? Because instead of trying out a
free operating system, people will continue to use Windows. At the same
time they will not encourage others to move away from Windows, which
they would do if they had made that move already.

Cheers, Ramón
--
Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Costarricenses