bsddb module bug?: doesn't release locks and seg faults

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Thu Aug 14 10:22:50 EDT 2003

[Jane Austine]
> There is a test code named test_env_close in bsddb/test, but it
> doesn't test the case thoroughly. There seems to be a bug in closing
> the db environment first -- the lock is not released, and sometimes
> it seg-faults.

Please submit bug reports on SourceForge:

    http://sf.net/tracker/?atid=105470&group_id=5470

The best use for a bug report on comp.lang.python is as an object lesson for
your grandchildren:  40 years from now you can search the archives for it,
and tell the little darlings "see?  if I had only put that on SourceForge
instead, the bug would have been fixed by now".