Pythonic way of web-programming

Gerhard Haering gh at ghaering.de
Wed Apr 16 10:00:58 EDT 2003

A.M. Kuchling wrote:
> On 16 Apr 2003 00:16:49 -0500,
> 	Ian Bicking <ianb at colorstudy.com> wrote:
>
>>One option would be to use an interface with adapters, where if say the
>>Quixote interface was used, Webware would have an adapter from that
>>interface to the Webware HTTP{Request,Response} interface... though I'm
>>not sure how interesting request and response object are.
>

> Perhaps they're not very interesting, but that seems the only level that
> could be feasibly standardized.
>
> I'm willing to host a mailing list for web discussion on my DSL-connected
> machine.

I'd be interested in joining that list.

> That might be easier than jumping through the SIG hoops.  If
> you're interested, just suggest a name ('web'?) for the list and I'll create
> it.

web-frameworks?

> I can't do CVS, but maybe we could just use a sandbox/ directory in the
> Python CVS tree.

Or, for that matter, any other Sourceforge project. I admin a few ones
we could (ab)use for this purpose. This has the benefit that the
commiters need not be Python committers.

> [...] Yes, but usually those areas of duplication don't actually require a lot of
> maintenance effort after the initial implementation.  We're four months into
> 2003, and Quixote's HTTPRequest and Response haven't had a significant
> change yet.  The changes have all been to higher-level things like the
> publishing logic.

We could also discuss the feasability of creating a common interface for
form handling and session management.

-- Gerhard