Announce: apm.py 0.1.0

Tilo Riemer riemer at ppprs1.phy.tu-dresden.de
Tue Apr 8 07:47:55 EDT 2003

Hello Michael,

> What about ACPI? That became standard on some Linux distros (e.g. SuSE
> 8.1+).

acpi.py is under way ;-)
I think I can publish the first version this week (only for Linux yet).

> Maybe it would be better to call the module powerman or similar to subsume
> APM, ACPI and any other standard popping up.

ACPI and APM do the same things more or less but have nothing to do with
each other... perhaps it's useful to mix it if they provide the same
interface. but ACPI is very more powerful. In the best case APM is a subset
of ACPI...

Any suggestions?

Best regards, Tilo