ZODB: Quixote vs. Twisted

Thomas Guettler pan-newsreader at thomas-guettler.de
Wed Apr 2 01:34:28 EST 2003

On Tue, 01 Apr 2003 21:21:47 +0200, Graham Fawcett wrote:

> Thomas Guettler <pan-newsreader at thomas-guettler.de> wrote in message
> news:<pan.2003.04.01.13.58.42.127815.759 at thomas-guettler.de>...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think about moving from Zope to
>> ZODB and (Quixote or Twisted).
>

> I'm working on such an application right now -- Quixote and ZODB. It's
> working out very well, and is far more manageable (and enjoyable!) than
> any of the Zope projects I've worked on.
> Do you have a specific concern that you're seeking feedback about?

Hi Graham!

I just saw your message called "Quixote Server on top of Twisted Python"
in Quixote-Users of last week.

What is your intend of doing this? Do you want to use PTL, or do you want
use it to use ZODB? I haven't looked at twisted in detail, but it should
be possible to use twisted with ZODB without quixotte, too.

 thomas

--
Thomas Guettler <guettli at thomas-guettler.de>
http://www.thomas-guettler.de