Larry Wall's comment on python...

Kow Kuroda kkuroda at crl.ucsd.edu
Sat Sep 7 01:51:30 EDT 2002

On Friday, September 6, 2002, at 11:25 AM, Rod Stephenson wrote:

snipped
> "Python is cool to look at small bits of, but I think the "outline"
> syntax breaks down with larger chunks of code. I'm with Aristotle on
> the structure of discourse--a story should have a beginning, and
> middle, and an end. So should blocks"
snipped
> Any comments?

Well, Python code may look awkward --- if not awk-like ---
if you don't know how to customize the tab width in your
editor of choice. For example, vi and emacs indent by 8
characters by default, which I suspect is too wide for Python.
Some code with deep nesting wouldn't look very nice with
this default.

Kow