Logical Programming with Python?

Alexandre Fayolle alf at logilab.fr
Wed Sep 18 07:23:14 EDT 2002

Dans l'article <3D8771FB.4000600 at web.de>, Ingo Linkweiler a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> i am looking for examples for logical programming (Prolog like) with
> Python. I have found some projects, but no examples how to use them.
> Most of them seem "unuseable" or only can solve equations:

Well, Logilab's constraint package sure is not dead or unuseable.
We are using it for project scheduling (project Pygantt on
http://www.logilab.org/) and it works very well, especially with the
latest not yet released version of the constraint module.

http://www.logilab.org/python-logic/documentation.html gives an example
of how the module can be used.

Now it is not a prolog engine, but a CSP-solver.

PyLog seems closer to what you're looking for, but your description is
not very precise, so I can't tell for sure.

PyProlog (http://sf.net/projects/pyprolog) is a wrapper around
SWI-prolog. I think there's another project wrapping GNU-prolog
somewhere, though I can't find it right now.

Some more resource are available on http://www.logilab.org/python-logic/
and in the mailing list archives.

--
Alexandre Fayolle                              LOGILAB, Paris (France).
Advanced computing - Python - Customized trainings - Consulting - XML