threads or queue for this task

Syver Enstad syver-en+usenet at online.no
Tue Sep 17 08:58:11 EDT 2002

Alex Martelli <aleax at aleax.it> writes:

> > Bounded queues are A solution to some problems but not The solution
> for
>
> > all situations.
>
> Of course not!  Never did I assert nor imply that you should
> make ALL of your Queue instances bounded -- that would be
> silly indeed.  But the ability to make SOME Queue's bounded,
> and still handle them without fuss, IS important in a vast
> enough number of cases that ruling this possibility out is
> a serious didactic mistake, IMHO.

When should they not be bounded?

Would it perhaps be easier to program
with Queue.Queue's if they had a default maxsize other than infinity?
That would force the programmer to consider unblocked put's and
setting the maxsize to number reasonable for his/her application.

--

Vennlig hilsen

Syver Enstad