Help! Wrapping Win32 code with SWIG - or am I barking up the wrong tree!

Chris Liechti cliechti at gmx.net
Fri Nov 8 13:43:06 EST 2002

"ebe" <ebe at offworld.com> wrote in
news:gDNy9.932$Dl2.61256 at newsfep1-win.server.ntli.net:
> I've seen that Python has win32 extensions, and I could use these to
> create a main window and get a device context, but how would  my C++
> engine get access to these?

pass the window handle as integer. win32all has function to convert an
integer to a handle so you could simple take win32all and don't try to wrap
it yourself.

> Can C++ extensions have access to Python
> variables?

you can access all objects from C/C++ in the same way as python does, but
that's accessing the objects, not base types like C int, double etc. in
case of numbers.

chris

--
Chris <cliechti at gmx.net>