Simple DCOM example?

Tim Hamza tim at frontier.net.nospam
Wed May 15 00:24:35 EDT 2002

Hey all,

I have been playing around with the win32com stuff.  I have the same COM
object on two Win2k boxes that I can use on each box as in the demo.  Is
there an easy way to access COM objects between machines?  I grasped at
variations of the win32com.client.DispatchEx straw because it lists machine
as a parameter.

Ex
w = win32com.client.DispatchEx("someObject.Application", machine="otherPC",
userName="goodUserOnBothPCs")

This returns the right kind of object, but calling its methods does not
affect the app on other PC.

Have read win32com docs and googled.  Easy answer or no?

Thanks,

Tim