OT: Crazy Programming

Andrew Dalke dalke at dalkescientific.com
Wed May 15 16:54:24 EDT 2002

Christopher Encapera being dismissive of
>that "modern art" that sits in front of county hall

I live in Santa Fe, NM, which has something like 200-300 art
galleries (in a town of 68,000).  As a consequence, the public
art in town is quite decent.  One way to think of it is that
since so much of the art in town is based around selling the
art, there's a tendency to pick artistic paths which are also
salable, bringing economic inventive to produce enjoyable are.

But that's just the free market economist inside me speaking.
I've got to let him out every once in a while otherwise he
gets too riled up on the free (Python) software I develop.  :)

                    Andrew
                    dalke at dalkescientific.com
P.S.
  And because I see price tags on art all the time, I'm getting
this strange ability to be able to ballpark the estmated price
of art.