Username in Zope

Tom Halvorsrød towmh at online.no
Thu Mar 7 17:40:53 EST 2002

In my school I'm using a Web-server called Zope, which is
Python-based, for inhouse use only. What I wanna do is for example,
based on the REMOTE_ADDR field, resolve that to the currently logged
in username, look it up in a database and for example display a
birthday greeting where appropriate. So far I've found
sockets.gethostbyaddr(ip) which gives the computer's name. In my
opinion this is way too slow. Something like 3-5 seconds.

Is there a function or something that is like getuserbyaddr(ip)? I
don't think I've found anything I can use.

The Web-server is on the same server they log on to. (Which by the way
is a Win2k server with DHCP)

Thanx in advance

Tom Halvorsrød
Oslo